Senior Wellness provides specific activities to strengthen the body, engage the mind, and enliven the spirit of the senior population. Through Wellness, residents become aware of their current health status and learn about options for a healthier lifestyle.
Senior Wellness Programs
Our goal is to slow or even reverse some of the physical, mental, and psychological deterioration sometimes associated with aging. Our programs offer activities specifically intended to entice seniors to become involved and to remain physically active to maintain and increase body strength. We also promote participation in additional activities to strengthen the mind and stimulate the spirit.
The older population and their families have developed an increased awareness of the importance of wellness and are beginning to seek out programs designed specifically for them.
Senior Wellness Programs offer:
- Quality programs that improve residents' well being, like our Seniors in Motion exercise class or Great Start social programs
- Programs that allow residents to remain in their current living environment
- Exercise classes by a trained instructor to increase function and mobility, promote independence, and improve quality of life
- State-of-the-art cardiovascular conditioning equipment to help boost energy and weight control
- Muscular strength assessments every six months to monitor progress